Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Reality, the cruel truth

Thought I better write something here, before some of you start to speculate funny things like I got mad at Fariz or we're not happy and whatnot.

but before that here are some pictures, just to make this space look pretty :)

@ Colmar Tropicale (weeks ago)

@ Sunway Pyramid -shopping date (usual stuff)

@ somebody's wedding; Tg. Malim


Do you think we look happy?
p.s: don't be deceived by Fariz's big smile, he has had that eversince in his mother's womb hehe

truth is, I really wish I can tell you heart warming tales of married life but Fariz and I are very new in the business. If our marriage is a baby, we would be a naive 8 weeks old with a blurry vision, fragile and wobbly all over ..we wonder of what marriage has in store for us and sometimes worry if we're doing some things wrong or right. Alas, as you may all know, rarely being around each other also doesn't help. We could have learned more by this time, but we haven't..frankly, we're just unqualified to share the WOWs and woes of being newlywed

yeah we're missing out that much. boo.

On a related note, with both feet now in the realm of marriage, I do naturally think a lot about those horror stories on how a marriage opens up a whole new can of worms and how things would change from now then on. So far, Fariz and I are just as good. We do have our teeny weeny little tiffs but on most part, we're nothing short of wonderful. Yet it's depressing you know, to learn about cheating husbands, mistreated wives, domestic violence, failed marriages, miserable families and broken homes. Not to mention divorce and polygamy, even if it hasn't (or God willing, will never) happen to you.

Ok maybe I'm a little bit too ahead of time or I just think too much, but I can't help but to worry!!

*runs and cries to Fariz for reassurance*

*forces Fariz to answer dumb questions like 'why are men so jahat?' or 'why is being a girl so hard'*
-
-
-
-
-
at the end, didn't actually get any convincing answer..hemmm..-___-?
but agreed with Fariz when he asked to just stop overdosing myself with such disturbing tales. I should be more selective on what I read/listen to from now on. Just as how I would get too upset watching horror/ghost/psycho films/movies and avoid them, some stories about life and love, I just won't like how they end anyway. In reality, there is much suffering (and there will always be) in the world, that I might better off not knowing.

So, being 27 and just married, go ahead and tell me to stop dreaming. but tell you what, I rather live my life believing the best; fairytales and happy endings than wasting my time worrying and anticipating the worst that may (or may not) come in the next 5 decades down my life. And if suddenly my life comes crashing all over me, well.. at least I know (my prince and) I would have been happy until then...


1 comment:

  1. I rather live my life believing the best; fairytales and happy endings than wasting my time worrying and anticipating the worst that may (or may not) come in the next 5 decades down my life. And if suddenly my life comes crashing down over me, well.. at least I know (my prince and) I would have been happy until then... <---- that's the spirit babe :)

    ãNGęŁå

    ReplyDelete