Monday, August 1, 2011

simple life pleasures

have you heard? staying in is the new going out!

Not sure if it is part of being married or growing older..but suddenly leaving the comfort of our little home becomes such a chore!!!

*stretch like a cat*

First I got crazy-lazy about scheduling date nights and then in a manner of speaking, even my love-hate relationship with dressing up and the shopping malls started to fall by the wayside.....is this supposed to be good..or bad?

I know I should be happy that I'm buying less junk now but I'm so bi-polar that I think there is definitely something wrong with me coz it's impossible that I suddenly stop wanting to do what I do best!

though I swear Fariz loves this coz his goal in life is always to spend less and live frugally HAHAHAHA *Fariz shakes piggy bank*

anyway to justify ourselves, work for Fariz is showing no signs of slowing down and all the weekly traveling back and forth we do..makes us so tired that by the time saturday rolls around, snugging up in bed and cuddling away on the couch seem to offer something a lot more relaxing than going out..

Nothing beats couch potato moments ..and pillow talks :) ....

Perhaps it's the insufficient time in our hands that has always brought us closer. Our 'quality time' together is especially nice because it doesn't happen all the time that we hate to let it waste on not connecting with each other. and by connecting I also mean getting spoiled rotten because weekends are the only time my mission to live like a Queen can finally commences!

*blows nails*

It's like a pay-back time when Fariz has to shift his attention and compensate all the lack of love, time, affection & service he failed to provide his wife with when he has to work during the week...
he talks and flirts, listens and sings to me, brushes my hair, gives me massages, makes me sandwiches and cries with me (coz I made him watch 1 liter of tears on DVD hehe) In a nutshell, he is ALLLL for me on weekends and basically always up for orders and random demands for ice-cream and stuff.

am I a lucky wife or what?

but don't worry because I am also happy to report that Fariz gets treated nicely too although he is kinda too easy to please. Feed him iced cold/hot Milo in his favourite mug and allow him to train his soldiers on Utopia (an online game he can't seem to live without) for 5 minutes every hourly and tadaaa..he'll be good as good as a boy with a new toy :)

owh and also help him with his laundry! we all know it's not rocket science but oh boy how he sucks at this. Either he dumps everything white and dark together, or he never shakes/stretches them before hanging to dry, leaving them all SUPER DUPER wrinkled and creased...sigh... and of course folds them terribly that some even ended with the wrong side out wtf!! and still look like a rumpled mess afterwards..

I always pretend to scold him for not using ANY common sense but secretly, of course I find him cute like that hehehe..bless his heart, at least he tries!

Anyway what I am saying is my present life is great and to those who asked, thank you for asking..once again I feel blissful, contented and entertained by indulging in life’s simple pleasures, like always. Although it is a battle for me getting up alone to work and now not-so-patiently-anymore counting down the days till I get to transfer...I think for now I'll be fine, as long as I can dream of him every weeknight and God allows me to wake up with him on weekends :)





No comments:

Post a Comment